Friday, October 24, 2008

Philosophy of Art Education

Art is a medium with which anyone can communicate. It is this fact that has influenced me to direct my career toward art education. I believe that students should be given the tools to interpret and manipulate their visual experience so that they can use art to express their emotions, creativity, and ideas. The world we live in today is increasingly visual, and a complete art education should equip students with the necessary knowledge to interpret our society’s culture. Students should discover perspectives unlike their own and learn to be tolerant of views that they may not have ever considered. Art education is a critical component of a child’s development and must not be ignored. I believe that a child’s development cannot be complete without proper exposure to the arts. My feeling is that if these goals are met, students will develop the necessary knowledge to interpret the visual world in which we live.

No comments: